Friday, April 29, 2016

No I.D,No Voting


Reading this article surprised me because I never thought that almost 600,000 people are not able to vote being of this law. This made me feel very bad for the people that are not able to vote for a President. They live in this country and should be able to vote for whom they want. I understand that the election is getting close and that it may cause some confusion but this means setting back 600,000 people to vote for next time. I just find that so unfair to the people that pay taxes, have a family, and have a job here in the United States. The law could pass and just add the new voters votes into the polls like it’s that simple.  Justice Ginsburg said that this could deny hundreds of thousands eligible voters not to vote because they don’t have the right I.D This will affect mostly the Hispanic and African Americans because these are the races that have more trouble with racial discrimination. The Texas Law had its trouble first when Section5 of the Federal Voting Rights Act, which requires discrimination history to be able to change it, blocked it. After the Shelby County V. Holder in Alabama, Texas official started enforcing the ID Law. There reason for not passing this is because they say it would confuse the poll workers and will change the voting rules because is so close to the election. I don’t know much about how poll workers work or how they do their job but how hard can it be to add the extra incoming voter to the election that is going on. I’m sure the new voter known somewhat about politics and whom they would want as a president.

No comments:

Post a Comment